Mashable posted this article today about the 10 most important features your business website should contain. Many, if not all of these items seem like no-brainers, but you’d be surprised how many businesses’ websites are lacking the basics. To summarize Mashable:
1. Your website should be user-friendly and very easy to navigate. A clear navigation bar with logical names for your website’s various pages will help with this.
2. Your company’s contact information should be VERY visible on your website. Often, this is the first thing your customers are searching for, and they shouldn’t have to look hard to find it.
3. Your business’ purpose, or the products/services you sell, should be stated clearly on your homepage. Web users should be able to decide within seconds of reading your homepage content whether to stay or go based on if your business is useful to their needs.
4. In the age of cyber theft and stolen identities, web security should be of the utmost importance, especially if you have an e-commerce site. This means owning an SSL certificate to encrypt the personal data that your clients input.
5. Mobile devices are now the norm, and it is imperative that your business has a mobile-ready version of your website. This is normally a condensed, text-heavy site that is easily read by smartphones and tablets.
6. Frequently Asked Questions, or FAQs, serve as a two-fold benefit. First, they give your customers useful information that may not otherwise be located on your website. Secondly, they reduce the time and energy that your employees spend answering the same questions. Everyone wins!
7. If you’re not using social media for your business, well, you’re missing out on some valuable marketing tools. If you ARE, whatever social media platforms you use should be linked on your website so your customers will know how social media-savvy you are.
If you’re looking at this list and know that your website needs some work, or even if you have no idea what any of the above means, Robmark Interactive is here to help. And we’ll break it down into terms you can understand. So call us, or stop by, and see how we can take your business’ website to new heights.