R&M was proud to attend the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Coastal Georgia Luncheon today at the Richmond Hill City Center. Thanks to generous donations from sponsors and the Coastal Georgia community, the Coastal Georgia affiliate was able to raise a record-breaking $345,000 to go toward community services that will fund everything from breast health education programs to screening mammograms. This award brings the Komen Coastal Georgia investment in the 9 county service area to $1.3 million since the affiliates inception. WTOC’s Jody Chapin presented the awards to the 8 grantee organizations:
- Coastal Health District – “Early Detection Saves Lives”
- Community Health Mission – “One Woman at a Time”
- Curtis V. Cooper Primary Health Care – “CVCPHC Mammogram Screening Program”
- Effingham Hospital – “Comprehensive Education and Screening Program”
- Hearts and Hands – “Hearts & Hands for Mammograms”
- Liberty County Health Department – “BRAVE III Program”
- Memorial Health – “Memorial Mammogram Program 2013”
- Southeast Georgia Health System – “Mammograms in Motion"
Below is a picture from the event including Beth Desloges, the Executive Director of Susan G. Komen for the Cure Coastal Georgia, along with grantees and board members. For information on how to donate and to sign up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure please visit www.komencoastalgeorgia.org.